Training Resources | FAQ
Training materials in English
All Hiawatha Academies district and school, grade level and classroom information will now be sent to your computer or phone via email and/or text. For even more convenience, download the ParentSquare app (available for free for iOS and Android devices).
Parents & Guardians
Learn how to get started and all the options you have as a parent or guardian on ParentSquare.
Training module: https://parentsquare.talentlms.com/index
- Getting Started ▶️
- Register for ParentSquare from the App
- Manage Your Account Settings
- Parent Dashboard
- Parent Dashboard on Mobile App
- Switch Schools or Switch to the District
- View Class Posts
- View Alerts and Notices Received
- View, Send or Reply to a Direct Message
- Appreciate a Post
- Comment on a Post - Parents
- Sign up to Volunteer or Bring an Item
- RSVP for an Event
- Complete an Online Form/Permission Slip
- Submit an Attendance Note
- View Photos, Videos and Files
- View a Secure Document
- Join a Group
- How to Make a Payment
- Subscribe to ParentSquare Calendar
- How to Confirm Your Contact Information
- Troubleshooting - Parent Isn't Receiving Notifications
- Missing a child/Missing a school/Staff is also a Parent (Merge Accounts)
- Report Volunteer Hours
- Change or Reset Password
- Sign Out of ParentSquare
- Student No Longer Attends School or has Graduated
- Best Practice - Room Parents
- View Your Child's Student ID
- How to Contact Your School
- Notifications Screen for ParentSquare App
- Manage Your Notification Settings
- Language Settings
- Add Phone/Email to User Account
- Update Your Email Address, Phone Number or Home Address
Entrenamiento en español
Toda la información del distrito y la escuela, el nivel de grado y el salón de clases de Hiawatha Academies ahora se enviará a su computadora o teléfono por correo electrónico y/o mensaje de texto. Para mayor comodidad, descargue la aplicación ParentSquare (disponible de forma gratuita para dispositivos iOS y Android).
Padres y Tutores
Aprenda cómo comenzar y todas las opciones que tiene como padre y tutores de ParentSquare.
modulo de entrenamiento: https://parentsquare.talentlms.com/index
- Introducción a ParentSquare ▶️
- Cómo confirmar su información de contacto
- Administre la Configuración de su Cuenta
- Descargan la aplicación móvil ▶️
- Regístrese en ParentSquare desde la aplicación
- Configuración de las notificaciones
- Cómo ponerse en contacto con su escuela
- ¿Cómo cambio / reinicio mi contraseña?
- Actualice su dirección de correo electrónico, número de teléfono o domicilio
- Falta un hijo? / Falta una escuela?
- Configuración de idioma
- Portal Para Padres
- Panel de padres en la aplicación de iOS
- Agregar teléfono / correo electrónico a la cuenta de usuario
- Apreciar una Publicación
- Comenta en una Publicación
- Enviar un mensaje privado
- Cerrar sesión en la aplicación
- Regístrese para ser voluntario o traer un artículo
- Respondan para un Evento
- Suscríbase a su calendario ParentSquare
- Notas de asistencia
- Únete a un grupo
- Complete un formulario/ o hoja de permiso
- Ver un documento seguro
- Informar horas de voluntariado
- El estudiante ya no asiste a la escuela o se ha graduado
- Aplicación - Sincronizar el Calendario de ParentSquare con su Calendario de iPhone
- Ver publicaciones de clase
- Diapositiva para padres y folletos
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
For personal assistance or troubleshooting, reach out to your school’s office staff or
Marisol Rojas [email protected] (612) 430-9209
Angie Trimbach [email protected] (507) 304-3871
- How do I sign up for ParentSquare?
- How do I fix or change my contact details?
- How do I add my student's account that's missing?
- How do I change my language preference?
- How do I stop or change notifications?
- How do I unsubscribe? I'm not a parent/guardian!
- Need more help?
1. How do I sign up for ParentSquare?
You will most likely get an invitation email or text to join ParentSquare, and you’ll click a link to activate your account. If you are a parent/guardian and the school’s database system (Infinite Campus) contains your contact details, you can use your email or phone number to set up your account without the invitation.
- Go to www.parentsquare.com/signin. You can also install the ParentSquare app and follow the prompts to sign up.
- Use Google single sign on, your email or your phone number to set up your account. Your email/phone number must match the contact details in the school’s Infinite Campus for this to work.
- If your contact details aren’t recognized, contact your school office to get them added. After they update your information, the new contact details will appear in ParentSquare the next day. Then you will be able to create an account.
2. How do I fix or change my contact details?
Is the phone number wrong? Do you want to change your primary email? Is your name misspelled? Do you see information for a student who’s not yours?
ParentSquare is configured to NOT allow contact info changes, as it synchronizes with Infinite campus daily. In this case, a school administrator will have to make the changes in the SIS,or if you have your login to Infinite Campus, you can do so yourself and it will sync over to ParentSquare within 24 hrs.
If you can’t log in, contact the school office and ask for your contact information to be updated. Once they update your information in their SIS, the changes will appear in ParentSquare after the next daily sync.
3. How do I add my student's account that's missing?
If you are missing a child/school, it may be because:
- Your contact information is inconsistent across the Infinite campus our school student database system.
- You have more than one ParentSquare account with different contact information
If one account is missing:
- Contact your child’s school to update your contact information in Infinite Campus. Ensure you have the same email and phone number on file for all children and all schools.
- Your account will be corrected when we sync with the SIS (daily).
If multiple accounts are missing:
- Contact your child’s school to update your contact information in Infinite Campus. Verify that each of your children has the same email address and mobile phone number listed for you.
- Delete your ParentSquare user account(s) that does not have the correct email address (choose “Delete” when accessing your account in ParentSquare).
- Your account will be corrected when we sync with Infinite Campus. If the contact information has been made consistent across accounts and the ParentSquare account(s) with the incorrect contact information has been deleted, then when we sync, all your student's information will be pulled into one ParentSquare account and you will have full access.
- If using a web browser, click on your name to update your language preferences.
- If using the app, go to Account > Preferences from the menu.
- Select your preferred language and save.
5. What if my language preference doesn’t stay after I make the change?
This likely means that the language in your SIS is different than what it is in ParentSquare and ParentSquare is configured to update “language settings” from the SIS. Contact your school administrator so they can update your language preference in Infinite Campus.
6. How do I stop or change notifications?
ParentSquare allows parents/guardians to customize their notifications based on notification type(email, text, app notification) and select their preferred delivery method for each school. Notification types include:Note: Emergency Alerts & Notices cannot be disabled and you will receive it in every notification type
If using a Web Portal
- On your home page select the down arrow next to your name and click on 'My Account'.
- Select "Customize your settings" under Notification Settings and choose your notification preference.
If using a Mobile Apps
- From your home screen click the triple bar in the top left corner
- Click on "Account," then "Preferences," then "Notification Settings" and choose your notification preference.
7. How do I unsubscribe? I'm not a parent/guardian!
Sometimes, non-parents get messages from a school using ParentSquare.
- ParentSquare synchronizes with each school's internal student information database. It contains contact details provided by families during enrollment, confirmation, etc.
- Most likely a parent or staff member made a typo, and there is incorrect contact data for a parent or student that matches a real phone number or email!
- Only the school or district is authorized to update contact details. This maintains security and protects student privacy.
- Please contact the school that is sending you messages to have them remove your contact details from their Student database.
- Reply STOP to a text message to block future messages.
8. Need more help?
Refer to the training materials below.