Hiawatha Through College
Early College Seminar
The HCHS Early College Seminar (ECS) course teaches students the concepts, background, and skills necessary for success at HCHS, college, and beyond. In ECS, students will focus on 3 main areas: developing positive habits, in-depth college comprehension, and technology skills. Students will learn about social issues connected with education. By successfully completing ECS, students will access levels of knowledge that will propel them to not only graduate from college but also to strategically navigate the different stages of their professional lives.
- 100% college acceptance rate for the Class of 2019 and the Class of 2020
- Over $15 million in scholarships by the Class of 2019 and Class of 2020
- 99% FAFSA/Dream Act completion rate for the Class of 2019 and Class of 2020
- Supporting seniors towards college goals with individualized counseling and workshop facilitation
- Building partnerships with over 50 different colleges by facilitating admission counselor visits
- 75% of Alumni are enrolled in a 4 year or 2-year college program.
- ALL Alumni receive direct, individualized support from Alumni Coordinators.
- Alumni Coordinators support with Orientation, Registration, Housing, Withdrawing, Financial Aid, Resume building, Interview Coaching, and Social, Emotional needs.
- We schedule a minimum of 10 Campus Visits a year for 9-12th graders to surrounding Colleges and Universities.
Resources for Parents and Families
College knowledge resources in English, Spanish and Somali - Linked here.
"One goal that I want to attain is to be the first one in my family to graduate college and be able to pursue my career as a physical therapist."
- Celeste, Class of 2019 Alumni | Major - Physical Therapy | Concordia University - St. Paul.